15 Nov Planning for your move
“The research phase.”
Here are just a few tips for planning for your move:
Ask friends, family, and/or neighbors for advice on what mover they’ve had good experiences with.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Yelp, and other online resources for mover reviews.
- Get estimates-Usually 3 estimates will give you a good idea on what movers in your area have to offer.
- Make sure you have a copy of “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move.”
- Check to make sure your mover has a USDOT number and is registered with FMCSA.
- Get your mover’s contact information.
- Confirm dates and times prior to your move.
- Understand the moving process. (i.e. the order in which things happen during the entire move.)
- Have a good understanding of how your items are protected and the coverage provided by your mover.
- Go through all the services provided by your mover.
- Ask questions, ask questions, ask questions.